Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 3, Blood Draws and Health Food Store

Today is my normal day off.  I love having Monday's off but they are always so hectic.  I try to make all my personal appointments for my day off so today I went to get my blood drawn for my upcoming doctors appointment next week.  I'm going to speak to him about my juice fast and get the results of my blood panel which I will post here. 

Today is also Day 3 of no Soda.  I feel ok.  I've had a mild headache today but I also attribute that to the fasting blood draw.  I really haven't had anytime to eat today.  I've been on the go since before I had my blood drawn.

I also checked out the local Health Food store today.  I've only been in there once and it was only to buy some ascorbic acid for canning one year.  So I looked around and checked out what they had to offer and it looks like everything I will need is available and at a decent price.  I never thought of them as a grocery store but they have quite a few things. 

Everything is in bulk so I will need to buy some airtight containers which I'm fine with.  I've slowly been modifying what I buy so I don't have very much crap in my cabinets and will have even less when I start the fast.  The husband isn't very happy with  my modification but ultimately he will get healthy too.  He'll never stop eating meats but if he can eat some healthier foods along with it I'll feel better about that.

More tomorrow as I make my plans for a healthier, more fit me.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment