Sunday, July 29, 2012

Soda

Today is the 2nd day of NO Soda.  I'm a soda fiend.  I used to drink Mountain Dew.  About a case of it a day then I quit.  Cold turkey and lost 10 lbs in a week!  I didn't drink any soda for over 6 months.  Then I started adding in diet soda.  Telling myself it was Diet so not nearly as bad for me as regular soda is.  I ddin't drink nearly as much as I had drank in the past but enough that I could tell a difference.  I would drink 3 - 5 20 oz bottles of Diet Dr. Pepper everyday.  Then I would cut back and start drinking it all the time again. Well, as I noted in the previous post I have been trying to ween myself off of Soda completely along with other things.  The dairy has been a piece of cake.  I stopped that and haven't had any dairy since I watched Forks Over Knives . 

But the Soda has been another story.  It's just soooo good.  I love the carbination.  But it's soooo bad for us.  Everything about it promotes decay.  Carbination causes problems with our teeth, the caffiene is a stimulant and makes us retain water, the artificial sweeteners are toxic to our systems. 

Yesterday I was a little run down and really wanted to go out to the vending machine at work and grab a Diet Dr. Pepper.  Diet Dr. Pepper is usually not sold from machines like that in our area, I sweet talked our pepsi vender into putting the Diet in there and I sell it out every time.  So now I'm going to call them and ask them to take it back out.  I don't need any more temptation.  I stopped myself from going out there.  So no soda yesterday.  I've been drinking Crystal Light. I know, I know there is artificial sweeteners there too BUT no carbination.  Baby steps for me.  If I try too much at one time, I. Will, Fail.  That's why I've been working at this for a month.  I will be ready for my juice fast on 8/12/12 and I will hopefully, have minimum symptoms of detox by doing such but I've taken days off work just in case. 

I'll let you know how Day 3 goes tomorrow.

Adios for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment