Monday, September 17, 2012

ZUMBA!

I bought the Zumba workout months ago...in fact I think it was over a year ago.  When I got it in the mail I was so excited that I opened it up and then promptly but everything back in the box and stuffed it under the couch...I was walking on my treadmill the other day thinking jeeze this is boring when I remembered ZUMBA!  I walked for 10 minutes on the treadmill then pulled the Zumba box out from under the couch and blew the dust off of it...after my asthma attack cleared I pulled the contents out of the box and popped in the basics disk as directed so I could learn the steps.  More like I could see how they were done and attempt to learn how to do them....but the instructors assured me the more I did the work out routines the better I would become at the steps..I certainly hope so! 

Anyway, I got thru about half of the steps workout and had to call it quits...just learning the steps are a workout! 

The next day (Sunday) was pretty painful.  My legs hurt my hips hurt and my ankles hurt.  So I didn't work out yesterday...I did help a friend with a yardsale so I did burn some calories tho..carting her stuff out in the morning and then helping her cart the stuff that didn't sell in after we buttoned up for the day.  I definitely worked up a sweat. 

Today is my day off so I ran my errands...took the car to the shop...again...found out it needs new rotors and calipers - more money spent...so stressful I've already put $500 into the car this month...why do I bring this up?  because I believe I did INCREDIBLY well by not stopping at BK and grabbing some comfort food because I'm so stressed out about putting more money into this car and that it's my only car and I don't have the money to fix it right now after putting $500 into already with 2 new tires, an oil change and transmission service!  I went home and grabbed an apple instead THENNN

I popped in the Zumba DVD and started where I left off.  Saturday I did about 25 minutes of the 53 minute steps workout.  I did the remainder today 28 minutes THEN I played the 20 minute express which I got almost all the way thru before I felt like I was going to pass out.  All in all I did 45 minutes of Zumba...I'm sweaty and out of breath but I feel great!  I think I'm going to walk on the Treadmill on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and Then do Zumba on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 

The biggest thing is getting the husband out of the house so I can exercise since he's not very supportive at all.  He always has a snide comment or he complains because I'm making too much noise...

That's all for now.  It's time to rehydrate and drink some juice.  I'm starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment