Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 25...

This is Day 25 for my juicing.  I'm not doing a fast per se any longer but I still juice at least 2 times a day. 

Labor day weekend went well but then I didn't have a bbq or go to anyones house who was having a bbq.  I stayed home all day and vegged in every sense of the word!

Yesterday, Day 24 & Tuesday, I had ran out of produce so I didn't juice for breakfast so by the time lunch came around I was famished...well, I hadn't picked up any produce so when I got home I popped a potato in the nuclearizer and sprinkled some salad seasonings and baco bits on and ate that.  After work I picked up about 30 bux worth of produce and went home...then I had to run out to a friends house 40 minutes away and drop off a couple of things for her.  We started talking and I stayed until 10.  When I got back into town I had to stop at Walmart to pick up some bread and peanut butter and that's when I caved!  Having only eaten one baked potato for lunch that day I bought a snack sized bag or doritos and a diet dr pepper! 

I ate the entire bag of chips on the way home - as I discussed earlier, I only live about 5 minutes from Walmart - and drank half the soda!

I knew I shouldn't do it! I knew it!  I finished the soda once I got home and about 10 minutes after I felt like complete shit. 

I ate an orange and went to bed.  I felt so disappointed in myself and I just couldn't believe that I could be that weak when I have done very well in the last few weeks.  I've resisted the donut and birthday cake temptations at work this month and even when the husband makes Banana bread but I bought a flippin' bag of chips and a soda. 

So, this morning I got on the scale to see what damage I had done to my weight loss and surprisingly enough I hadn't gained any weight since Sunday but I know eating that bag of chips and drinking that soda caused me not to lose any since Sunday as well. 

I juiced my morning carrot, apple, ginger and beet juice and drank it with vigor.  I was only hanging off the side of the Wagon, I didn't completely fall off.  So I was able to pull myself back on this morning and I will continue with my journey.

After I got to work, one of my customers I don't see very oftenly came in and the first thing she said to me was "It looks like you are losing weight!"  I said "I AM!"  We talked a little about my juice fast and how I feel so much better doing this and how it seems to have me more at peace than any other diet I've ever been on.  *this is the customer that tried to talk me into doing HCG drops for weight loss* At first she was a little bit "are you crazy" but as I explained to her that I juice a wide variety of produce everyday and that I am getting a rainbow of nutrients everyday she was very happy for me.  She even mentioned that she might give juicing a try because she wants to lose about 20 lbs.  I told her I lost 20 lbs in about 3 weeks with juicing at least 2 meals a day.

I'm feeling better about myself today and I am a firm believe that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.  Her bluetooth device had stopped working over the weekend and she had to come in and have us check it ultimately she had to buy a new one...for whatever reason, I'm glad she came in because that was my sign not to give up just because I had slipped off the side of the wagon and was hanging by my shoelaces. 

Happy Juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment