Sunday, August 12, 2012

1st day of my Juice Fast Journey!

I slept in today because it's Sunday and I don't have to work...well and I love to sleep!

When I woke, I weighed myself and then drank a 16 oz glass of hot water with lemon and chased it with a 16 oz cup of ice water.  While I was waiting about 20 minutes to juice my breakfast:
     3 Carrots
     2 Apples
     1" of Ginger root

I measured myself.  Here are my beginning day stats:

8/12/12 - First day of juice fast

Weight - 279.2 lbs (yikes) but I am down 6 lbs since I cut soda out and started eating more fruits and veggies
Waist - 54"
Bust - 52"
Hips - 56"
Thighs - 25"
Calves - 18.5"
Arms - 15"
Neck - 16.5"

Man! those are some big numbers.  I'm going to shrink them down to where they need to be!

It's the first time I've used my juicer which I bought used because I don't really have the funds to purchase new.  It left quite a bit of 'pulp' but it wasn't too bad.  I liked my breakfast drink but next time I will cut down on the ginger.

I drank 2 16 oz glasses of ice water and worked around the house a little bit then juiced my lunch

     1 Cucumber
     7 Kale Leaves
     2 Apples
     1/2 lemon
     1/2" of Ginger
     4 Celery stalks

Either I didn't juice them in the right order or my juicer just doesn't like Kale.  I've read a couple of forums and commentors indicated it should give about 36 - 40 ounces. My juicer gave me about 24 :(

I haven't had a problem with the juices so far being able to actually drink them.  I think I like the Green juice more than the breakfast juice. 

So far no adverse effects and I haven't had any withdrawals...but it is only the first day.

Happy Juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment