Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The days just get away from me...

I know it's been awhile since I posted last.  I've had a follow up doctors appt and some turmoil since the 23rd. 

I went to my doctor's appt on Monday and he was very pleased with my progress even tho I don't feel as tho I lost enough in the two weeks I've been juicing.  I weighed in at 12 lbs lighter than the first appt 3 weeks earlier and I didn't start my juice fast until the 12th which puts me at 6 lbs a week.  I've only had ONE day where I've done nothing but juice.  Every other day I've eaten something but it's always something thats on the juicing list OR it's plant strong. 

I made some killer veggie chili over the weekend and it R O C K E D!


Here's the recipe:
1 Sweet Onion
1 Green Bell Pepper
3 or 10 cloves of garlic - suit to your tastes.
Veggie Broth - to saute
2 cans Black Beans
2 cans Garbonzo
2 cans Kidney Beans
2 cups of corn
2 cans of diced tomatoes - I used Hunts spicey fire roasted diced tomatoes
2.5 cups of water or veggie broth
2 cans of sliced mushrooms (optional) the mushrooms gives it a little chewy texture that kind of mimics meat.
1 tbls of Cumin
1 tbls of Chili powder
(I probably used more than that because I don't measure much of anything, I just put stuff in til it looks good)

Dice the onion, bell pepper and garlic into a pan and saute in veggie broth ( you can use 2 tbls of vegetable oil but I prefer broth) until onions are translucent - about 5 minutes

Add all other ingredients except for the corn and bring to a boil.  Turn heat down and simmer covered for about 30 minutes.  Add the corn and simmer for another 10 mintues. 

Serve and enjoy!  You can top the chili with sour cream or cheese but that does add calories and it was mighty fine without it. 

I ate this every night for the past 4 nights.  It was absolutely wonderful each time! 

I just can't NOT eat.  I juice in the morning and for lunch but for dinner I have to have something and I'm ok with that as long as the weight keeps coming off albeit slower than if I was only juicing.  I had to find what worked for me and this is it.  You might be different.  You might be able to JUST juice and there is nothing wrong with that.  I've been doing so many things wrong all these years and it finally feels that I'm doing something right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment